Statement of Ethical Behavior
Our employees and board members uphold and advance the integrity and honor of the work of the Collective by using our knowledge and skills for the enhancement of human welfare and the environment, being honest and impartial, serving the public with fidelity, and striving to continuously improve the competence and quality of our work.
Good Energy Collective employees and board members subscribe to the following practices of professional conduct:
- We hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public and fellow workers; work to protect the environment; and strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of our professional duties.
- We act in accordance with all applicable laws and these practices, lend support to others who strive to do likewise, and report violations to appropriate authorities.
- We present all data and claims, with their bases, truthfully and are honest and truthful in all aspects of our professional activities. We issue public statements and make presentations on professional matters in an objective and truthful manner.
- We continue our professional development and maintain an ethical commitment throughout our careers, encourage similar actions by our colleagues, and provide opportunities for the professional and ethical training of those persons under our supervision.
- We act in a professional and ethical manner toward others.
- We disclose to affected parties known or potential conflicts of interest or other circumstances that might influence, or appear to influence, our judgment or impair the fairness or quality of our work.
- We treat all persons fairly.
- We build our professional reputation on the merit of our services, do not compete unfairly with others, and avoid injuring others, their property, reputation, or employment.
- We reject bribery and coercion in all their forms.
- We accept responsibility for our actions; are open to and acknowledge criticism of our work; offer honest criticism of the work of others; properly credit the contributions of others; and do not accept credit for work not our own.
This policy is adapted from:
- National Society of Professional Engineers Code of Ethics
- American Nuclear Code of Ethics